- State-of-art in the domain of fluvial activities reconstruction for Late Holocene (it will be considered a review of the latest results related to the concept of approach, working methods, the spatial and areal distribution of conducted studies in order to obtain the regional context on which we are going to integrate our own research).
- Identification and describing the sites with subfossil trunks (the sites with subfossil trunks excavated by lateral erosion and channel incision or in the gaps resulted after the gravel mining process will be detailed mapped and located in the context of respectively fluvial system).
- Geomorphological mapping and the analysis of sedimentological facies (bank exposure, drillings or resistivimetric investigations) where the subfossil trunks were sedimented.
- Obtaining the absolute age of subfossil logs and elaborating dendrometric and dendrochronological investigations.
- Indirect determinations of rivers paleodischarges with subfossil trunks and estimation of recurrence periods of large hydrological events for the Late Holocene.
- Investigation of the connections between morphological variables and fluvial sedimentation and those dendrometric and dendrochronological of subfossil trunks.
- Evaluation of lateral migration phases, avulsion and sedimentation of floodplains in Late Holocene on basis of dendrochronological analysis of subfossil trunks.
The map of selected sites for study cases.